- This event has passed.
Grant Office Hours
September 20, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Wednesday, repeating until November 30, 2023
Are you new to grant writing and want to learn more about the opportunities? Working on a grant and want another set of eyes to review your potential submission? Need help researching potential grants for your organization? John Boner Neighborhood Centers is offering grant “office hours” with our Director of Grants, Christiana Long.
As Director of Grants, Christiana oversees and manages all of John Boner Neighborhood Centers’ grant funding efforts by exploring funding from state and federal agencies, public corporations, private foundations, and individuals. Her responsibilities include leading the organization’s funding strategy and drafting grant proposals by developing narrative, assisting in budget creation and program design, logic models, and submission. To date, Christiana has helped secure more than $25.4 million in funding for for the organization.
If you are new to grants, a young nonprofit organization, or an individual looking to learn about grants – feel free to schedule a time to connect with Christiana.
Office Hours will include:
- Overall introduction to grants
- Narrative construction, do’s and don’ts
- Grant research and overview of grant types available
- How to identify a grant opportunity is right for you or your organization
- Real-time feedback on drafted grant prior to submission
- Searching for data and supporting research, how these elements can strengthen a grant proposal
- Submitting a proposal to a funder
- Program development and planning support
During office hours Christiana cannot write or edit your grant application, prepare supporting materials or provide outside grant writing services.
Upcoming Office Hours every Wednesday from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. EST.
Meeting are available in 30-minute increments. Book a time during office hours through this link.